Treatments and Services
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection or ICSI is one option of assisted reproductive technology where sperm quality is poor. It is a popular method that uses a small glass needle to inject only one selected sperm into the egg cell under a microscope. It has a similar fertilization rate to in vitro fertilization rates in couples with normal sperm.
- IVF with PGT-A requires 2 visits.
- The first visit will be for the stimulation process and egg collection. The trip (for the female) could be only 3-4 days (if using your own doctor/co-doctor in home country) or up to 15 days if stimulation is commenced here in Bangkok. Male is only required once for semen collection, either fresh on the same day of egg retrieval, or prior to egg retrieval by having the sperm frozen.
- The second visit will be for the frozen-thaw embryo transfer, which can be on any subsequent menses cycle. Only the female is required and the stay may be as short as 3 days (2 nights) since most of the endometrium preparation before the frozen-thaw embryo transfer can be done in your home country.
- Two visits are required given that the PGT-A analysis takes longer to safely culture the embryos.
We use PGT-A to provide comprehensive chromosome screening (CCS) of all the chromosomes, that is the simultaneous screening of all 24 chromosomes (23 pairs; 1-22, XY). PGT-A is sensitive and accurate and increases the chance of a healthy pregnancy. PGT-A allows us to select the most suitable embryo, and to satisfy the patient’s concern for transfer.
We do not provide any surrogacy services to the patient, as per our medical director’s policy. While Superior A.R.T. chooses not to facilitate surrogacy, surrogacy is not illegal in Thailand and is permitted under a set of very strict conditions.
Thai legislation and regulations requires that IVF procedures can only be provided to married heterosexual couples (de-facto or common law is allowed in those countries with relevant legislation allowing such).
Theoretically the frozen samples can be stored forever. While apparently healthy babies have been delivered from embryos stored for over 13 years, there is not enough evidence yet to know the effects of long term storage.
Costs and Payments
For payments at our centre, we accept most major credit cards (VISA/MasterCard/Union Pay/WeChat/Alipay), cash *(in Thai baht only), or direct bank transfer.
We have a Worry Free Package THB495,000 for All-inclusive IVF/ICSI with PGT-A treatment for one stimulation and one FET cycle. We also have other packages and promotions from time to time. For further information, please contact: +66 2 035 1400 ext. 415, 416, 418.
- For consulting in person with our specialist at our centre, the cost is THB1,000 for a standard consultation, THB100 for a facilities fee, and THB1,000 for an ultrasound scan (if required). Appointments should be booked at least one day in advance.
- For patients who live abroad, you can have a remote consultation with our doctor by telephone for THB3,000/30 minutes.
- A whole cycle from start of stimulation through to PGT-A (NGS) and freezing, all completed in Bangkok, is estimated to cost THB350,000-430,000 (excludes pre-IVF tests ~THB30,000).
- An FET (frozen-thaw embryo transfer) cycle is approximately THB15,000 for initial endometrial preparation medications (can be given to you after OPU to take back) and THB60,000-70,000 for cycle here in Bangkok.
- Range of costs is dependent upon medications required, response to stimulation, and the number of embryos suitable for PGT-A (NGS) Testing.
The Cryopreservation fee is the fee for the freezing of samples (oocyte/sperm/embryo) at our centre, THB20,000 for up to 10 samples (pay only one time). The Cryobanking fee is the annual fee for storing the frozen samples in liquid nitrogen tanks (which have to be monitored daily and regularly refilled) at our centre (THB2,500 per sample per year).
Preparation and Registration
We require a Certified copy of Proof of marriage (eg. marriage certificate) or of being a legalized couple (in English) in order to start IVF or IUI treatments at our centre. We also require copies of the patient’s passports (or Thai ID if Thai). In addition, there will be Patient Details and Patient Medical history forms to complete.
We can provide the list of suggested accommodations with special rates for Superior A.R.T. patients. Please note patients have to book for themselves.
- SUPERIOR A.R.T. 1126/2 Vanit Building II, Lobby Floor, New Petchburi Road, Makkasan, Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400. Tel: +662 035 1400 Fax: +662 035 1414.
- 10-15 minutes’ walk from the BTS Ploenchit station and Central Embassy.
Yes, we have staff who can read, write and speak Chinese (Mandarin) and who can support you throughout the treatment process.
The reports either have to be in English or translated into English. If both the male and/or female names, birth dates, test name or acronym, result and result units, and any medical interpretation (if any) are clear in English then that may suffice. Many of these are required before you can proceed to egg retrieval.
You can make an appointment via email email@example.com or by calling +662 035 1400 before 16:00 at least 1 day in advance. WeChat, WhatsApp, and Line are also available.
- Patients can start the stimulation and monitoring in their home country, and come to Bangkok for the trigger injection and egg retrieval etc., a stay of about 4-8 days. In order to start stimulation in your home country you should first register with us. Then there are two options. You can be referred to one of our collaborating doctors (if any). They will take care of the whole stimulation process and keep us informed. The alternate option is to find a doctor of your own choosing. In this case all test results must be sent to our doctor promptly and any treatment plan or changes to treatment plan must be approved by our doctor.
There will be a number of pre-IVF screening tests (haematology, virology and hormones) to be completed including some that have to be done on day 2-3 of menses. Once you are registered with us and we are in receipt of any “non-Day 2 of menses” test results, our doctor can assess any requirements for pre-cycle treatment or medications.
If you are having the entire cycle here, then the first consultation will be on Day 2 of menses.
While accommodation is the responsibility of the patient, we can provide a list of “suggested accommodation” close to our centre both which we can recommend and with whom we have special year round rates.
There is no in-patient accommodation at our clinic
We have a single embryo transfer policy. Depending on circumstances sometimes 2 will be transferred, but never more than 2. Transferring 2 is at the discretion of the doctor. This policy is to avoid the complications of a multiple (twin, triplet, etc) pregnancy.
Transferring two embryos increases the chance of a pregnancy slightly; if the female gets pregnant, the chance of twins increases significantly, but does not guarantee twins.
Pregnancy test is about 10 days after transfer. If positive then you should proceed to normal obstetric care.
After Ovum Pick Up (egg retrieval), there may be some bloating and cramping. Any pain is normally treatable with paracetamol.
Of course it may be dependent upon how you feel, but generally you can continue with any moderate activity excluding swimming and bathing.
This will vary widely dependent upon your basal antral follicle count, your hormone levels, and upon your response to the stimulation medication.
- Any medication or medical treatment will have risks. The risk may also be affected by your health or medical history. These will be discussed in detail at the first consultation.
- There are no studies that show any increase in birth defects or problems, or in ongoing health problems for the child following the addition of biopsy into the IVF process.
Cells are biopsied from the trophectoderm only (largely goes on to form the placenta), not the inner cell mass (which largely goes on to form the fetus).
Infertility is defined as couples who have regular intercourse and have been trying to [get/become/fall] pregnant naturally for at least a year with no success. Infertility can be associated with both female causes and/or male causes.
Link to Online Test
The causes of infertility vary from person to person. Please see more details here <link to infertility page>
Couples who are having regular sexual intercourse and cannot achieve a natural conception within a year should consult with a specialist. If you are older than 40 years of age you may have to undergo some common tests to identify the problem right away.
In some patients with some infertility problem there are treatments or advice which can increase the chance of a pregnancy, such as maintaining healthy weight and diet, avoiding smoking and drug use, less drinking of alcoholic beverages. For couples who are suffering from infertility issues such as fallopian blockage and ovulation disorders, in some cases specialists can attempt treatments to allow a natural pregnancy rather than using Assisted Reproductive Technologies.
- IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) involves transferring specially washed semen directly into the uterus via a thin catheter. IUI is a relatively low risk procedure with about 10-15% success rate. Please see more details here <link to IUI page>
- IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) is the process of mixing the collected washed semen and eggs in a laboratory dish. Then the embryos formed will be inserted to the female patient’s uterus. The success rate of IVF is about 60%. IVF is suitable for a mother-to-be who has had her fallopian tubes removed/tied, an infertility disorder like polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) or endometriosis.
Please see more details here <link to IVF & ICSI page>
- ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection) is IVF using a special fertilization procedure, and is used in IVF where the males have a low sperm count, low sperm motility, or when any genetic testing of embryos is required. ICSI fertilization also takes place in a laboratory; however, in ICSI the collected eggs will be placed in a laboratory dish and a single healthy sperm is inserted manually into an egg. The success rate of ICSI is about 60%. A small risk of ICSI is multiple pregnancies. Please see more details here <link to IVF & ICSI page>
The cost of our service varies depending upon the dose for stimulation medications, response to stimulation medications, number of embryos for genetic testing, etc. However the estimated cost for a stimulation cycle with genetic testing is between 350,000 – 450,000 Thai Baht.
We do offer a Worry Free all-inclusive IVF/ICSI with PGS treatment package for one complete stimulation and one complete FET cycle. For further information, please contact: +66 2 035 1400 ext. 415, 416, 418.
Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT) is a process to screen for chromosomal or genetic abnormalities before an embryo is implanted. PGT is often recommended because it increases pregnancy rates.
PGT-A is recommended for all couples who choose to undergo the IVF process, but specifically if they:
- are age 35 or older.
- have a history of two or more failed IVF procedures.
- have severe male infertility symptoms.
- require the chromosomal status of the embryo prior to implantation.
PGT-M is the option for couples who have a known family gene disorder and are concerned of transferring the genetic heredity disease to their child.
PGT allows the identification of over 100 genetic conditions and diseases such as Down Syndrome and Muscular Dystrophy. For the complete list, please click here <link to PGT page>
We provide comprehensive chromosome screening (CCS), using PGS-NGS for simultaneous screening of all 24 chromosomes (23 pairs; 1-22, XY). NGS is sensitive and accurate and increases the chance of a healthy pregnancy. NGS thereby allows us to select the most suitable embryo, and satisfy the patient’s concern for transfer.
Egg freezing, or oocyte cryopreservation, is a process in which a woman’s eggs (oocytes) are extracted, frozen and stored as a method to preserve reproductive potential in women of reproductive age.
Cryopreservation of the oocytes may be considered for a variety of reasons:
- Women with cancer requiring chemotherapy and/or pelvic radiation therapy that may affect fertility
- Surgery that may cause damage to the ovaries
- Risk of premature ovarian failure because of chromosomal abnormalities (e.g. Turner syndrome, fragile X syndrome), or family history of early menopause
- Ovarian disease with risk of damage to the ovaries
- Genetic mutations requiring removal of the ovaries (e.g. BRCA mutation)
- Fertility preservation for social or personal reasons to delay childbearing
Patient may experience small risks of ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome, enlargement of the ovaries, fluid accumulation in the pelvis and abdomen, and bleeding related to the egg retrieval procedure.
The highest pregnancy rates from previously frozen eggs are shown to come from women who undergo the procedure before they are 30. However, the average age at which women freeze their eggs is around 37, with many women freezing their eggs in their late 30s and early 40s.
Theoretically the frozen samples can be stored forever.
We do not provide or facilitate any surrogacy services to the patient, as per our medical director and company policy. Superior A.R.T. chooses not to facilitate surrogacy; however, surrogacy is not illegal in Thailand and is permissible under a set of very strict conditions.
Thai legislation and regulations requires that IVF procedures can be provided only to a married heterosexual couple (de-facto or common law marriages are allowed in those countries with relevant legislation allowing such).
For our new patients, we suggest you follow the steps below in order to ease the process:
- Fill in the required registration forms so we can register you and provide our physicians with your medical background.
- Read through our website about our services and possible treatments for you.
- Please review the preparation and check-up page to gain more on what you should do before the treatment process begins.
- Arrange your first appointment by way of a call, email or other online arrangement <link to online appointment>
- For consulting with our specialist at our centre, a standard consult costs THB1,000 for the doctor’s fee, THB100 for the facilities fee, and another THB1,000 for an ultrasound scan (if required). You can book the appointment up to one day in advance.
- For patients who are living abroad, a remote consultation can be arranged with our doctor over the telephone for THB3,000/ 30 minutes
We require a certified copy of proof of marriage (eg. marriage certificate) or of being a legalized couple (in English) in order to start the IVF or IUI treatments at our centre.
We ask our new customer to complete some common forms to both register you and to gain some basic details of your medical history. In addition, if there are any relevant medical reports they should be included. We also require copies of your passport or, if Thai, of your Thai ID. Following the Thai medical regulations, we ask all patients completing the forms to provide authorization for our physicians to access your medical history. You may find the required forms here <link to form download page>
For your convenience, you can arrange your first appointment by call, email or by an online appointment. Our staff will assist you further once you have contacted us. <link to online appointment>
Yes, we have Chinese speaking staff who can support you before and throughout the treatment.
According to Thai immigration office, foreigners visiting Thailand need a visa to enter the country. However, the duration of the visa, the type of visa, and whether visa is required before arrival, varies between nationalities.
The visa exemption rule allows tourists from the following 55 countries to enter Thailand without a prior visa. They are granted a stay for a maximum of 30 days if they enter Thailand via an international airport or enter through a land border checkpoint from a neighboring country.
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- Slovak Republic
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
The visa on arrival allows passport holders of the following 21 countries to enter Thailand if they meet these requirements:
- The visit is strictly for tourism purposes.
- The passport must be genuine and should be valid for at least 30 days.
- You must have proof of a valid address in Thailand, whether a hotel or apartment, that can be verified.
- You must have a confirmed return ticket to show that they are flying out of Thailand within 15 days of entry, as appropriate. Open tickets do not qualify. Traveling overland out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en-route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.
- You may be asked to show your flight ticket upon entering Thailand. If you do not possess a flight ticket to show that you will be exiting Thailand within 15 days of entry you will be most likely refused entry.
- It will also be necessary to prove that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family during your stay in Thailand.
- A fee of 2,000 THB is payable upon entry and is subject to change without notice. It must be paid in cash using Thai currency only.
List of countries eligible for the Visa on Arrival:
- Papua New Guinea
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
If your nationality is not included in the countries cited above, you are required to apply for a visa at Royal Thai Embassy in your home country before traveling to Thailand.
NOTE: The VISA Visa rules and regulations can change at any time. We recommend patients seek advice from the Royal Thai Embassy in their country of residence prior to traveling.
We will provide a letter upon request to assist in obtaining a visa or a visa extension.
Note: This information above can change quickly. We advise patients to seek advice from the Thai Embassy in their country prior to travel.
We can provide the list of suggested accommodations with the special prices to patients, but please note that they have to book by themselves.
1. Sivatel Bangkok
Tel: + 66 2309 5000
Cost: From THB 4,600++ / room / including breakfast
2. Acadia Suite Bangkok
Tel: +662 305 6565
Cost: From THB 2,600++ / room / including breakfast
3. Centre Point Chidlom
Tel: +662 657 2460
Cost: From THB 3,543++ / room / including breakfast
4. Novotel Bangkok Platinum
Tel: +662 160 7100
Cost: From THB 3,531++/ room / including breakfast
5. The Moonite Boutique Hotel
Tel: +662 655 5501
Cost: From THB 1,700++ / room / including breakfast
6. Bliston Suwan Park View Bangkok
Tel: +662 658 7979
Cost: From THB 2,800++ / room / including breakfast
7. Grand Centre Point Ratchadamri
Tel: +662 670 5000
Cost: From THB 3,500++ / room / including breakfast
8. Marriott Executive Apartment Mayfair- Bangkok
Tel: +662 672 1234, +662 672 1235
Cost: From THB 3,500++ / room / including breakfast
Costs listed are year-round contract rates for a standard room.